Who We Are:
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is the leading North American solution provider for power management, electro-mechanical and rotating assets. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair, and Power Management every day. When you work for IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
As a Collections Specialist for IPS, you will provide vital support to our team by leading effective communication between Customers; both internal and external, regional locations, accounting team, Sales Managers, & Billing Department. This is a highly important position and is vital to ensuring the AR Department meets its goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for leading the day-to-day collections processes of all accounts within assigned portfolio.
- Prepare correspondence on delinquent accounts requiring special handling.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of Notice to owners, lien releases and sworn statements of account where applicable.
- Work closely with the Contracts Review manager for timely filing of all Lien and Bond claims when applicable.
- Review accounts daily and communicate troubled accounts and escalate potential risk to Manager.
- Account reconciliations; reviewing, researching, and submitting issues with customer billing discrepancies and adjustments to the billing department for correction.
- Research disputed delinquent account balances. Report misapplied payments to cash application department.
- Report duplicate and overpayments timely, work with cash applications department and unapplied team, ensuring customers are notified, and refunds processed timely.
- Assist Manager with reports.
- Participate in the weekly and monthly reviews and meetings and report status on delinquent accounts assigned.
- Meet targets in collections including maintaining an appropriate number of A/R calls daily / weekly / monthly.
- Support commercial and residential clients.
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.).
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Three years or more experience B2B collections and or account maintenance, preferably in construction / manufacturing industry.
- Working knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Act and other pertinent state and federal laws concerning collection activities.
- Must be able to analyze and problem-solve issues.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office programs, including advanced excel skills.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Employee is required to: Sit frequently; stand, walk, kneel, squat, and stoop occasionally; use hands to finger to feel, handle, and grip tools and controls regularly; reach with hands and arms regularly; talk and hear. Employee must lift and move up to 5 pounds regularly, and occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Employee typically works in a climate-controlled indoor office environment with adequate lighting and provided with an ergonomically friendly workstation configuration. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is low with occasional moderate noise levels.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And more!
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. As a federal contractor, our company is committed to maintaining a safe and drug-free workplace. Candidates for this position are required to complete a pre-employment drug screen successfully. The drug screening process will include testing for substances that may impair one's ability to perform the job safely and effectively.