Who We Are:
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is the leading North American solution provider for power management, electro-mechanical and rotating assets. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair, and Power Management every day. When you work for IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
We are looking for a skilled and dedicated Regional HSE Manager to assist in managing the company health, safety, and environmental management system within a specifically assigned region. As a Regional HSE Manager, you will oversee and support the education and training of Integrated Power Services’ location staff within the assigned region in federal, state, and local laws, reinforcing the compliance of IPS’s safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures across multiple assigned job sites as well as support the leadership and HSE element owners at the assigned locations. This position will report to the Director of HSE. Responsibilities include:
- Support site HSE and leadership in resolving safety related issues.
- Support site management in incident reporting, management, investigation, and resolution.
- Support facility management and CIPS department in CIPS phase progression for HSE elements. Engage in the CIPS phase process through learning and development.
- Support the Leader Standard Work (LSW) process and hold facility HSE element owners accountable for LSW process.
- Support best practice sharing and implementation across the region.
- Be supportive of assigned job sites through both remote and on-site support as needed.
- Strategically coordinate on-site visits to maximize efficiency and spending quality time supporting the facility.
- Promote and hold accountable site leadership (HSE) for being where the work is as much as possible.
- Support site HSE and leadership in maintaining compliance with HSE systems and processes.
- To support the standardization and auditing of HSE processes and procedures as assigned.
- Support the development of metrics, initiatives, programs, or campaigns as assigned.
- Providing oversight and support in onboarding of HSE element owners at assigned locations.
- Providing oversight and support of succession planning and professional development at assigned locations.
- Support sites with literature, communications, and coaching to help raise awareness and knowledge around HSE related matters.
- Support the core fundamentals of HSE through auditing and evaluation of assigned locations.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A minimum of associate degree or equivalent education, experience or recognized certifications
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in the management of safety and health processes
- A minimum of four years of management level experience
- Industrial electro-mechanical, power management, and rotating equipment experience preferred.
- Deviation and approval from IPS Director of HSE
- Board of Canadian Registry Safety Professionals (BCRSP)
- Other certifications
- OHS Diploma
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety and Associate Certificate for OHS Practitioners.
- Associate Certificate in Foundations in Occupational Health and Safety and the Certificate in Advanced Safety Management
- Workplace Safety & Prevention Technician Diploma
- Post Diploma in OHS
- Associate of Science in Occupational Safety & Health
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety & Health
- Master of Science in OHS
- Health, Safety & Environmental Compliance Diploma
- OHS Certificate
- BASc in OHS
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety + Certificate in Advanced Safety Management + Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety Leadership
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement Benefits
- Bonus Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- And more!
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. As a federal contractor, our company is committed to maintaining a safe and drug-free workplace. Candidates for this position are required to complete a pre-employment drug screen successfully. The drug screening process will include testing for substances that may impair one's ability to perform the job safely and effectively.