Who We Are:
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is the leading North American solution provider for power management, electro-mechanical, and rotating assets. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair, and Power Management every day. When you work for IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
Assemble or modify electromechanical equipment or devices, such as servomechanisms, gyros, dynamometers, magnetic drums, tape drives, brakes, control linkage, actuators, and appliances.
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools
- Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and verniers
- File, lap, and buff parts to fit, using hand and power tools.
- Soldering parts
- Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly
- Connect cables, tubes, and wiring, according to specifications
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units
- Attach name plates and mark identifying information on parts
- Operate small cranes to transport or position large parts
- Drill, tap, ream, countersink, and spot-face bolt holes in parts, using drill presses and portable power drills
- Disassemble units to replace parts or to create them for shipping
- Clean and lubricate parts and subassemblies, using grease paddles or oilcans
- Operate forklift safely
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
- Cross-train in other departments within manufacturing production
- May be expected to assist in other manufacturing production areas
- Maintain quality and on time delivery metrics
- Ensure safety training and certifications are completed in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all company policies
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.).
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience desired
- Certificate of electrical theory or another related certificate
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Mechanical skills and prior experience working with hand tools
- Use logic and reasoning to identify alternative approaches to problems that arise during the shift
- Ability to work with unit teams at various levels
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And more!
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. As a federal contractor, our company is committed to maintaining a safe and drug-free workplace. Candidates for this position are required to complete a pre-employment drug screen successfully. The drug screening process will include testing for substances that may impair one's ability to perform the job safely and effectively.