Hourly Pay Range: $20.00/hr. - $25.00/hr.
IPS strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
Who We Are:
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is the leading North American solution provider for power management, electro-mechanical and rotating assets. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair, and Power Management every day. When you work for IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Maintenance Technician to join our team. As a Maintenance Technician for IPS, it is important that you are up to the task of installing, maintaining, and repairing machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipes and electrical systems in the service center. It is required that you follow all safety procedures and wear the necessary Personal Protective Equipment when applicable.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses
- Machine operation variations with supervisors or other workers to diagnose problem or repair machine
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of main facility and warehouse
- Installs and/or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as programmable controllers, touch screens, automated monitoring equipment
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Ability to operate material handling equipment such fork truck and cranes, etc., to aid in delivering or storing motors and parts
- Demonstrate ability to correctly fill out and consistently follow proper procedures
- Operate hand tools in a safe and effective manner
- Ability to understand, perform and retain various job-related training, operational, and safety procedures
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Employer Match
- On-the-job Training
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Safety shoe & glasses reimbursement
- And more!
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. As a federal contractor, our company is committed to maintaining a safe and drug-free workplace. Candidates for this position are required to complete a pre-employment drug screen successfully. The drug screening process will include testing for substances that may impair one's ability to perform the job safely and effectively.