Who We Are:
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is the leading North American solution provider for power management, electro-mechanical, and rotating assets. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair, and Power Management every day. When you work for IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
This position is generally responsible for overseeing the electrical and mechanical repair services to rotating equipment in a workshop environment working on a wide range of original equipment from various OEMs. A desired familiarity with ABB, Alstom, BRUSH, GE, Siemens, and Westinghouse, and other OEM motors and generators. Experience with generator high voltage testing such as winding resistance, insulation resistance, polarization index, DC leakage and high potential testing, wedge tightness, EL CID testing, end winding frequency response test, and rotor testing. Act as Liaison between shop operations, suppliers, vendors, and customers. Providing customers with updates and confirming operations meet customer expectations.
• Oversees compliance with technical requirements and specifications on projects.
• Manage several projects in parallel toward on-time and on-budget-based KPIs
• In collaboration with the Operations Manager, takes responsibility for the safety, budget, and schedule of assigned projects
• Provide accurate and timely reporting to project stakeholders
• Perform electrical testing and visual inspection of generators and motors
• Directly manage suppliers and outside contractors for project expediting and progress purposes
• Leverage continuous improvement tools to decrease the cost of repair/upgrades through either design improvement or supplier management
• Manage project documentation procedures, forms, submittals and reviews with customers as required
• Support qualifications of new equipment, new vendors
• Determine the condition of motors and generator and provide repair recommendations to the customer via the creation of initial findings and recommendations reports
• Devise the scope of work and determine the project timeline, materials, tooling, and manpower necessary to complete the project
• Maintain daily reports and submit status reports to shop management and customer
• Compose detailed and concise technical final reports for work performed
• Support power generation field service teams as needed in technical questions, project management, logistics, coordination, and customer support of upcoming jobs
• Assist in determining recommended work scopes and pricing of upcoming jobs and bids
• Provide engineering support for power generation and local industry jobs that enter the Miami shop
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedures, and manuals
• Ability to write reports and updates. Ability to effectively speak before customers and employees of the organization
• Ability to read, write, and understand English. Native Speaker Proficiency in Spanish is a must
• Adhere to all company policies.
• Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, and ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.)
• Keep the work area clean and organized
• Report all injuries, near misses, and accidents immediately to a supervisor
• All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
• 5+ years of experience with at least 3 years of project/product engineering or project management experience desired
• B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or a related field is preferred
• Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
• Strong track record of delivering equipment to projects on time and on budget with a focus on metrics
• High proficiency in Microsoft Project is preferred
• Demonstrates leadership, initiative, and problem-solving on complex projects in all phases of the project
• In-depth knowledge of project management tools, i.e., scheduling and cost management
• Experience performing data analysis, data collection, key performance indicators, and working knowledge of interactive mobile applications is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing
• Always demonstrates strong process and operational safety behavior.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and proficiency in testing software such as WTD 501, ELAN, and SDC003 is a plus
• High-LevelProficiency in computer-aided drawing programs such as AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks a plus
• Applicant must have a valid driver's license and means of transportation, must be able to work within the United States of America must have a valid passport, and be willing and able to travel abroad
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. As a federal contractor, our company is committed to maintaining a safe and drug-free workplace. Candidates for this position are required to complete a pre-employment drug screen successfully. The drug screening process will include testing for substances that may impair one's ability to perform the job safely and effectively.