Hourly Pay Range: $32.00/hr. - $47.00/hr.
IPS strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
Who We Are:
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is the leading North American solution provider for power management, electro-mechanical and rotating assets. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair every day. When you work for IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
We are looking for a talented Field Service Technician to perform service, diagnostic, repair and preventive maintenance. IPS Field Service Technicians demonstrate strong repair skills and commitment for providing an Unmatched Customer Experience.
- Work safely alone and as part of a team
- Closely adhere to all safety standards and procedures
- Effectively contribute to a strong team environment through assisting teammates in accomplishing mutual goals
- Inspect and test various electro-mechanical equipment
- Perform electrical tests using portable electronic equipment including but not limited to: Megger®, PdMA MCE, Multimeter, and DLRO
- Install/Remove AC and DC electric motors, laser align equipment, read precision measuring tools such as micrometers, replace sleeve and anti-friction bearings, set seals, air gap, torque critical components to proper torque specs
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment utilizing bead blasting, ice blasting, and solvent cleaning
- Ensure a professional environment utilizing customer facing skills
- Complete assigned work in compliance with operative policies and procedures
- Perform work in compliance with operating policies and procedures
Qualifications and Competencies:
- PdMA testing experience preferred
- Level I Vibration Analysis preferred
- 2+ years of AC/DC motor experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions with precise execution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, follow standardized work procedures, and apply strong analytical problem-solving dynamics in a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to collaborate with team members
- Strong customer focus with professional communication
- Available and willing to work flexible hours, overtime and weekends as required, willingness to be on call
- Ability to perform math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division including understanding fractions and percentages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
- Ability to travel locally and overnight
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs. in weight
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to perform manual labor for up to 12 or more hours per day
- Acute hearing and strong field of vision
- Ability to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Employer Match
- On-the-job Training
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Safety shoe & glasses reimbursement
- And more!
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. As a federal contractor, our company is committed to maintaining a safe and drug-free workplace. Candidates for this position are required to complete a pre-employment drug screen successfully. The drug screening process will include testing for substances that may impair one's ability to perform the job safely and effectively.