Who We Are:
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is the leading North American solution provider for power management, electro-mechanical, and rotating assets. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair, and Power Management every day. When you work for IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, and the Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
The Operations Manager is responsible for driving continuous improvement and Customer satisfaction by managing the deployment of the operational framework at IPS. Lead and/or support Continuous Improvement Process Solution (CIPS), including customer satisfaction, quality, safety, productivity and employee relations in an Electric Motor and Generator repair facility. The Operations Manager will be responsible for the management of supervisors, Leads, technicians, equipment, and materials to achieve both daily and long-term production goals. This is a highly visible, high-impact position where a successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a decisive role in the future success and growth of the organization.
- Direct the hourly workers to work safely and actively participate in all site-specific safety audits, incident reports, training, JHAs, LOTOs, housekeeping, and inspection activities
- Encourage, support, and enable shop staff through servant leadership while listening to and taking input from the skilled workforce and fostering teamwork – building a OneIPS culture between Management and hourly employees
- Be an effective communicator who possesses the experience and people skills to keep the team focused on the customer and continuous improvement in the processes, skills, and team performance that differentiates IPS from the competition
- Plan, direct, and coordinated hourly labor requirements on the shop floor to support the incoming tear downs, inspections, production repair jobs, and field service jobs
- Participate in the day-to-day -management and own the labor component to participate in planning the labor to support the production schedule taking into consideration overtime rush jobs and vacation schedules
- Be cross-trained in the other functions of the management team duties and is responsible for labor, consumable supplies and cost control
- Develop and evaluate project-specific work plans and customer communication reporting requirements
- Assist in coordinate customer job inspection visits to ensure work is being safely performed to schedule and specification
- Ensure that all customer requirements such as inspections, data collection and delivery of materials are being met
- Assist customers performing service center certification audits
- Lead the continuing development of the Quality Program by adding support and development of documentation, work instructions and process standards where needed and improving existing processes
- Support quality focus on jobs deemed high risk due to their complexity, infrequency or skill set of the team
- Lead the effort to improve Key Customer Facing Metrics: (Quality, Time to Quote, Approval to Ship and Ship to Invoice) as well as Key IPS Metrics: (Safety, Margin Performance vs. Work Plans, Labor Utilization, Direct and Indirect Costs)
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Industrial Technology or Manufacturing Management preferred
- 10+ years of total production or maintenance management experience or equivalent
- Experience with union workers
- Knowledge of machining and mechanical repair of rotating electrical components
- Generator and/or motor repair or related product lines preferred
- MS Office Suite and production MRP system experience
- Exposure to continuous improvement operating cultures (Lean, 6S, Safety, High Engagement Work Systems) preferred
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And more!
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. As a federal contractor, our company is committed to maintaining a safe and drug-free workplace. Candidates for this position are required to complete a pre-employment drug screen successfully. The drug screening process will include testing for substances that may impair one's ability to perform the job safely and effectively.