Who We Are:
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is the leading North American solution provider for power management, electro-mechanical and rotating assets. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair, and Power Management every day. When you work for IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
This position will do preventative maintenance service, troubleshooting, service, repairs and emergency service on stand-by generators. This includes the ability to replace batteries, chargers, belts, hoses, filters, tune-up engines (gasoline, diesel), and assist in radiator replacement.
- Perform repairs and services on all makes and models of generator sets
- Inspections, repairs, services and start-up load bank test requirements on equipment
- Troubleshooting equipment and servicing generator components including alternators, wiring harnesses, safety devices, shutdown switches, and battery systems
- Apply proper engine technical skills in inspection, disassembly, failure analysis, assembly, diagnosis, and engine operating performance tests
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps, determine corrective action through inspection of failed parts
- Repair and troubleshooting engines such as Kohler, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, John Deere, MTU and Volvo
- Communicate all information to customers in an accurate, factual manner
- Deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Ensure work scope has been performed and unit is operational
- Write clear and concise service reports
- Must have the ability to operate in a constant state of alertness, and safe manner
- Must be able to travel, in company service vehicle, throughout the local counties
- Must be able to be on-call for emergency services
- Responsible for vehicle safety maintenance
- Maintain assigned vehicle inventory and able to travel throughout the local counties
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum 3 years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of generator systems; from 8kW to 2800 kW preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Graduation from a Technical school is desired to include generators, diesel, power gen, electric power, relay or substation technology, etc.
- Must have the ability to perform high quality work in a timely and efficient manner
- Good communication skills, enthusiastic attitude, and great customer service skills are a must
- Must have satisfactory driving record with the ability to obtain a DOT medical certification.
- Must be able to respond to emergency service calls as needed
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 75 lbs. in weight
- Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to perform manual labor for up to 12 or more hours per day
- Acute hearing and strong field of vision
- Ability to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 401k Employer Match
• Bonus Incentives
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Medical, Dental and Vision plans
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• And more!
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. As a federal contractor, our company is committed to maintaining a safe and drug-free workplace. Candidates for this position are required to complete a pre-employment drug screen successfully. The drug screening process will include testing for substances that may impair one's ability to perform the job safely and effectively.