Who We Are:
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is the leading North American solution provider for power management, electro-mechanical and rotating assets. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair, and Power Management every day. When you work for IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is seeking a proactive Indirect Tax Manager to support the corporate accounting function. Tasks include coordinating with external parties, developing process improvements, preparing/organizing support for state/local audit compliance, and other ad hoc tax accounting responsibilities.
- Be the trusted resource for all operational indirect tax questions from the local sites.
- Provide support necessary to plan for and achieve corporate reporting objectives.
- Perform detailed tax research and analysis, including monitoring changes in state and local laws, to interpret and apply relevant tax laws to IPS’s operations and transactions.
- Document processes and apply new accounting policies, ensuring they are adhering to the respective state and local laws, regulations, and reporting requirements across various jurisdictions.
- Begin the process of understanding the need and ability to utilize a third-party software, such as Avalara, to automate indirect tax rate updates within various ERPs.
- Coordinate an internal audit of sales/use tax rates for each service center/legal entity currently being utilized within multiple ERPs. To complete effectively, this may require travel to the locations.
- Assist with Nexus reviews, as needed, for ongoing business and as part of onboarding acquisitions.
- Develop exemption certificates management system for housing documentation.
- Be the main point of contact with our US external tax advisors to collaborate efficiently and effectively regarding compliance efforts, including billing, notice resolution, and ongoing monthly filings.
- Assist IPS’ Canadian operations with outsourcing filings such as GST/HST/PST/QST to our third-party tax provider (MNP).
- Develop best practices/timelines for onboarding new acquisitions and transitioning the remaining IPS locations in the US from filing in house to our third-party provider.
- Acting in lead role for managing state sales and use tax audits, providing necessary documentation and explanations.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts, including but not limited to reviewing the TLAR accrual and monthly tax payments remitted.
- Participate in projects to identify tax-saving opportunities and optimize IPS’s overall tax strategy.
- Produce routine and ad hoc reports as requested by management.
- Perform special tax assignments, as assigned.
- Maintain accurate and organized tax records and supporting documentation.
- Drive ongoing improvement by ensuring adequate internal controls and accurate reporting in accordance with company policy.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 5+ years’ experience in job related field preferred
- CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of tax concepts and accounting
- BS Degree in Business and/or Accounting or equivalent work experience in related field
- Sharp analytical thinking and reasoning abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and take appropriate action
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with sound problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and maintain high degree of organization
- Poses excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to proactively identify and develop effective solutions
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And more!
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. As a federal contractor, our company is committed to maintaining a safe and drug-free workplace. Candidates for this position are required to complete a pre-employment drug screen successfully. The drug screening process will include testing for substances that may impair one's ability to perform the job safely and effectively.