Salary Range: $90,000 To $115,000 annually
Bonus: Employees are eligible for an annual bonus. Amount varies based on site performance
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401 (k) Match
- Company Paid Life & AD&D
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life & Disability
Application Deadline: Posting will remain open until filled
Apply: Apply Directly to Job Posting via link
Who We Are:
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is the leading North American solution provider for power management, electro-mechanical and rotating assets. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair, and Power Management every day. When you work for IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
We are looking for a skilled and dedicated Transformer Operations Manager to operate and manage the transformer segment for the IPS Denver Kingston Street Power Management Center of Excellence. As an IPS Transformer Operations Manager you will work with your team to demonstrate strong repair skills and commitment for providing an Unmatched Customer Experience.
- Disassemble, inspect, repair/recondition, rewind, and test various types/sizes of transformers.
- Provide technical guidance to the team and to customers.
- Draft and finalize inspection and maintenance reports for customers in conjunction with the technicians.
- Direct the hourly workers to work safe and actively participate in all site-specific safety audits, incident reports, training, Job Hazard Analysis, LOTOs, housekeeping, and inspection activities.
- Enforce accountability at all levels with consistent record keeping, training, and one-on-one cadence meetings with each employee.
- Encourage, support, and enable the transformer segment through servant leadership while listening to and taking input from the skilled workforce and fostering teamwork – building a OneIPS culture between Management and Union hourly employees.
- Be an effective communicator to keep the team focused on the customer and continuous improvement in the processes, skills and team performance that differentiates IPS from the competition.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate hourly labor requirements on the shop floor.
- Participate in the day-to-day management and own the labor component to participate in planning the labor to support the production schedule taking into consideration overtime rush jobs and vacation schedules.
- Develop and evaluate project specific work plans and customer communication reporting requirements.
- Assist with customer job inspection visits to ensure work is being safely performed to schedule and specification.
- Lead the continuing development of the Quality Program by adding support and development of documentation, work instructions and process standards where needed and improving existing processes.
- Lead the effort to improve Key Customer Facing Metrics: (Quality, Time to Quote, Approval to Ship and Ship to Invoice) as well as Key IPS Metrics: (Safety, Margin Performance vs. Work Plans, Labor Utilization, Direct and Indirect Costs)
- Partner with the Customer Service Team to keep business ERP system up to date: developing work plans, opening jobs, identifying materials to be sourced, and preparing billing.
- Contract vendor management, negotiate annual maintenance contracts and schedule repairs.
- Manage maintenance schedules for cranes, forklifts, manlifts, HVAC, ovens, and oil processing equipment.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum of six years of transformer repair experience.
- Have experience with health and safety programs including lock-out-tag-out (LOTO)
- Ability to read, interpret, and identify LOTO points from one-line diagrams.
- Three years’ experience in leading a team of 15-20 employees.
- Three years’ experience of leading a team of repair technicians preferred.
- Two or more years’ experience working with transformers – testing, repair, rewind, oil sampling, and component change out preferred.
- Strong analytical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Experience writing, assembling, and reviewing test reports.
- Able to work overtime when needed.
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. As a federal contractor, our company is committed to maintaining a safe and drug-free workplace. Candidates for this position are required to complete a pre-employment drug screen successfully. The drug screening process will include testing for substances that may impair one's ability to perform the job safely and effectively.