Who We Are:
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is the leading North American solution provider for power management, electro-mechanical and rotating assets. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair, and Power Management every day. When you work for IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
The Product Development Engineer is responsible for leading the development of new products through the company by driving the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, including managing business stakeholders and providing engineering expertise.
- Own and Drive New Product Introduction (NPI) Process
- Champion the NPI process creation or modification per business need
- Review all products to ensure process is followed
- Drive new products through life cycle including development and prototype or customer testing
- Manage business stakeholders to ensure all business segments are following process
- Ensure products are successfully created in E2 and ready for manufacturing
- Complete final documentation for successful handoff to Operations
- Engineer and design Type 3 & 4 products
- Create & maintain work Instructions for new product development including product quality control
- Audit quality of all outsourced products and work with vendors to generate quality procedures
- Address quality issues reported from customer/field and drive changes as needed
- Push patentable ideas to the forefront and coordinate with attorneys to attain patents for the company
- Capture and Organize Research & Development cost documentation to maximize IRS tax credits
- Collaborate with Production Engineer and Operations team for successful handoff of new product to Manufacturing and Operations
Qualifications and Competencies:
- BS in Engineering – Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of SolidWorks, Microsoft Office Suite & Internet Explorer
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate efficiently in all layers of organization
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal direction
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Ability to work without direction
- Able to work continuously on feet
- Capable of driving other teams who do not report to you
- Able to lift, carry, and maneuver a maximum of 60 lbs
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And more!
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. As a federal contractor, our company is committed to maintaining a safe and drug-free workplace. Candidates for this position are required to complete a pre-employment drug screen successfully. The drug screening process will include testing for substances that may impair one's ability to perform the job safely and effectively.